Sunday, June 7, 2009

Hiragana

So I'm pretty confident that I can recognize the hiragana when I see them. I can produce most of them at this point too.

Guess I should start out by saying that I am very interested in learning Japanese. I think my interest started from watching anime (maybe a little too much). What am I saying? You can never watch too much anime. From there it went on to watching movies and now it's going further.

Ok, so I can produce most of the hiragana at this point. I went through Heisig's Remembering the Kana, part 1 and have been practicing for the last week. I made up my own stories for some of the ones in the book that didn't really make sense to me.

My main problem is remembering the following 6: か   き   み   も   ら   な
I don't know why those are the hardest for me to remember. So I'm practicing producing them everyday, but now I'm moving to part 2 for the katakana.

1 comment:

  1. き - Think of those old style door KEYS, the big nasty ones

    み - Looks like 21. ME turn 21 but can't speak english good

    も - A fishing hook with 2 worms. The MOre bait the more fish right

    ら - Kind of looks like half of bugs bunny (really use your imagaination for that). He's a RAbbit.

    な - A nun kneeling at a crucifix

    か - Picture a guy bending over getting his backside CAnned.

    Hope this helps, good luck with the study

    ReplyDelete